Thursday, December 18, 2008

Practicing

"Oh, the weather outside is frightful...
But the birds are so delightful...
and since I've no place to go...
I'm practicing with my camera!"

(I know, the last line doesn't rhyme, but I couldn't resist! :)
I've discovered some settings I can control and I'm hoping to get more color - so that all my photos don't look the same. ie. just all little dark birds!
But, I just had to post this - tho' blurry - I caught a bird in flight again!
I have noticed that the Chestnut backed Chicadee
is NOT very social! They come, grab a seed, and fly away to the trees!

2 comments:

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Sounds to me like you are having fun with the camera and that's what it's all about.Good in flight picture,they are the most difficult to get.
Blessngs,Ruth

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Love the picture of the bird in flight, Diane!!!

My Carolina Chickadees are the most 'social' of all of my birds SO FAR... They are not afraid at all --even when I'm standing out there.
Hugs,
Betsy