Monday, January 5, 2009

Oh, What a Beautiful Morning!

My husband came in all excited to show me the activities going on outside. I brought my camera - lo, and behold, the birds had a public swimming pool in my front yard! The photos I got are from quite a distance, so they're not the best, but you can get the idea. At times there were about twice as many in the puddle than what I was able to catch on camera.

AND the SOUND! ! ! The air was filled with slashing with joyous chatter and song! They were having the time of their lives! and then...

...they hung themselves up to dry! What a fun time!

BUT THE CHERRY ON TOP WAS....
I was coming back to the house, and passed by the feeders. Of course, all the birds flew off...
EXCEPT my little friend! He stayed on the ground and I got this close to him again.
This photo is untouched, and not zoomed! From here, I could have reached out and touched him again! I'm way down, close to the ground and he just watched me, as if to say, "What's their problem? I'm so happy sitting here! I'm not afraid at all!"

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun to watch them bathing and playing in the water!

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

It sounds like the birds were singing their praise to God.What a thrill to be a part of such a chorus.
Blessings,Ruth

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Great pic's Diane.... Gee--those birdies loved your front-yard swimming pool. I've read that birds struggle trying to get enough water in winter.

Thanks for the great photos.
Hugs,
Betsy

Diane said...

Well, Betsy, they were in their glory this morning as far as water is concerned and yes, Ruth, they were praising God for it!

ivars krafts said...

Looks like the little Pine Siskin was waiting for you. I love the colors and reflections of the birds in the water -- beautiful!

Diane said...

Ivars, its really interesting how the light played on that spot this morning - all kinds of different things caught my eye. Thank you :)

Jayne said...

I can just hear the chatter Diane! :c)