Monday, January 19, 2009

Frosty Morning

It was FREEZING here this morning - the sky was clear all night. I know that because at 5 something this morning the moon was so bright it woke me up - shining on my face!
Anyway, there was a good layer of white everywhere. I was looking for a lot of busy-ness at the feeders - the numbers are still 'way down.
There are a few more sparrows - I think they are 'Gold Crowned Sparrows'? There was only one for a long time, but now there are four of them. Faith still comes everyday - we all look for her. I missed something a little later in the morning, tho'. My son was looking out the window and exclaimed, "Whoa! - that was a BIG bird!" He was pretty sure it was a bird of prey. I looked in time to see the whole feeder station swaying - I didn't see the bird.
Well, not much else to report. Hope you all are having a wonderful day!

5 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

You feed them, Diane, and they will come... Just be patient--I think they'll come back (especially if the cat is not nearby).

Nice pictures! We had some snow here today FINALLY.
Hugs,
Betsy

Kim said...

Just be patient. Sometimes my birds are scarce for a day or so and then they comes beack in droves.

Great picutures and yes I can see the cold in them. ;o)

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

I have also experienced that there are days with few or no birds,but they will be back. Blessings,Ruth

Leedra said...

Not many birds....is the cat gaining weight in front of your eyes?

Leedra’s Photos For Fun
Leedra’s Greeting Cards
Photography By Leedra

Jayne said...

They'll be back Diane. Just you wait and see... :c)