Thursday, January 8, 2009

Lots of Activity Today

Once I put out the homemade suet (on the tray)
they decided to eat the prepackaged stuff that has been
hanging there for a month! - Go figure!
Notice the duel in the dome?
It was challenging to get the photo with the
the largest number of birds - they were very active!
There are 7 on the sock!
There's one hiding - only tail feathers visible on the right
behind the head of the little bird :)
This is as many as I could get in my view finder.
There are lots more on outside the edges.
They are so well camouflaged!
This little guy is surveying the situation and wondering
where he can find a spot to eat in peace!

Quote for Today
"A friend is someone who knows the song of your heart,
and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."
Anonymous

5 comments:

ivars krafts said...

It sounds like you're pretty excited! Just think, a few weeks ago you were wondering where all the birds were. The birds look happy too.

Richard said...

Pine Siskins...love the little birds. I was going to say the same thing as Ivars about "Where are the birds?"

Diane said...

:) My feeders runneth over! Excitement? may be the understatement of the year :)
Thanks gentlemen for stopping by!

Leedra said...

Like the quote, so true.

Doesn't surprise me they started eating the prepackaged suet. Back to when you were talking about prices...I found the 11oz suet at Bass Pro Shop for .99, same pkg at Walmart anywhere from 1.27 to 1.44.
So if you have a Bass Pro Shop close by it is worth checking into. Came home and something had totally eaten the 2 new pkgs of suet I had put out. Knocked the feeder to the ground and opened it up and took them. Thinking racoons.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Diane, I get alot of my bird supplies at Lowe's. They have a good selection and are fairly reasonable. I bought my suet there for .99.... I probably won't take time to make my own as long as they eat the pre-packaged stuff.

Looks like you have LOTS and LOTS of birds. They LOVE you and APPRECIATE you.
Hugs,
Betsy