Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Canada Geese


The original thought that got me out on a trek with a camera, on Sunday, was the hope of finding the flocks of Canada Geese resting in one of the near by fields. I found them not too far from home.
Because its still early, there were just a couple of flocks there. I have seen hundreds in a field like this - it is rather amazing! I hope to be able to catch a moment like that again later this year.
I am quite hesitant to walk out in the open because I don't want to disturb them. I got about half way between the road and where they were feeding, and stopped when the 'honking' sounded disconcerting because of the 'human coming in their direction'.
I really enjoy watching them root around gleaning seeds and bugs in the grasses, so I stood there for a long time. If I hadn't done anything else that afternoon, the experience of finding the Canada Geese, of being able to get some photos and to experience being so close to them would have made my day. But, that was just the beginning....
(click photos for enlarged view)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you got your pictures back! Enjoy your fresh, sweet air...your majestic mountains...your tall, stately trees...the beautiful life with wings in the sky!