Friday, August 14, 2009

Blackberries

One of the advantages of walking and taking photos is you can get 'up close and personal' with the subject. Blackberry season is just beginning and I was captivated by this blackberry vine. It was in all different stages at once! The blossoms, some having just opened, were present with the beginning stages of berries forming and...
...there were also berries in all stages of ripening. Maybe I'm in the dark about blackberries, but this was so fascinating to me.
After studying the vines and taking quite a few pictures, I just couldn't resist picking some of the first ripened berries. What a treat! WOW!
They were HUGE! They were bursting with juice and my taste buds fairly leaped at the exquisite flavor! If I tried to describe it, I would sound like a wine connoisseur - which I am not. But, needless to say, I decided this was a 'sweet spot' to practice taking pictures! :)

4 comments:

Jayne said...

YUMMMMMMMY! My mouth is watering!

Unknown said...

Yum... Enjoy them for me! :0)

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

YUMMY!I can almost taste them.
Blessings,Ruth

ivars krafts said...

Great photos in this and the several earlier posts! Keep up the good work.